One of the longest-running, continuous sporting events in the history of World Sport.
The BURNIE GIFT
BURNIE ATHLETIC CLUB ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION PLANNED
June 28, 2016
The Burnie Athletic Club has put together a sub-committee to concentrate on delivering some exceptional events to celebrate the occasion. The following arrangements have been put in place:-
· The Burnie Regional Art Gallery has been allocated from 29th October 2016 through to 11th December 2016 to display Burnie Athletic Club New Year’s Day carnival memorabilia. Memorabilia to be displayed will include Pedestrian, Cycling and Wood Chopping items as wide and varied as can be collected.
· A 130th anniversary cocktail party will be held at the Burnie Regional Art Gallery on Friday 2nd December within the gallery space and should be a wonderful occasion to celebrate the clubs proud history and longevity.
* All the community is openly invited to the anniversary cocktail party. We will be extended invitations to members and past winners of the Burnie Gift, Burnie Wheel and key wood chopping events. The evening will also act as a 2017 carnival launch and sponsors appreciation evening
* There will be speeches throughout the evening from carnival identities from yesteryear along with speeches previewing the 2017 carnival
* We are also considering additional entertainment in the way of keynote speakers. We are hoping to have at least 1 keynote speaker.
* We are seeking support from the community in sourcing memorabilia connected to our carnival. If the community know of any individuals who would want to have their memorabilia displayed we would be only too happy to follow up and make contact. Dale Atkinson is coordinating the memorabilia collection on behalf of the Burnie Athletic Club. Dale’s contact details are as follows; Mobile 0417582266 firstname.lastname@example.org
BAC President Ricky Aitken said: “We are excited to be honouring the Burnie Athletic Club with such a important event. In the 130 years of existence the club has created a significant amount of history. Its only fitting that a collection of this nature is put together to allow all those involved with the carnival over the years and the community at large an opportunity to view it”